Learn how to duplicate Voter ID Card if you lost it or it was stolen!
If you lost the Voter card, get a duplicate card as soon as possible. We are providing you the method of getting a duplicate voter ID card here in this article, so just go with this guide to know about it.
Voter ID card gives validity and a strong proof of your identity as a citizen of India. No matter what class you belong to when you’ve reached 18 years of age, then you definitely have to get a voter ID card.
This is required by all government departments for jobs and used as an individual’s identity. But if you have been through an unfortunate event of losing this ID card, you should apply for a new or a duplicate ID card.
Applying for a duplicate ID card is not difficult and the process is given below in detail.
How to apply for a duplicate Voter ID card?
Voter ID card is given by the Chief Election Commission Officers and booth level officers only after one has applied for it and the application is verified. You will definitely not be able to cast a vote in case you have lost your voter ID card but you can get a duplicate card to practice voting if you have lost your card.
This duplicate card can only be given to you if any one of the below-mentioned requirements is fulfilled.
– Submit Insurance Form: The first requirement is to submit an insurance form of the duplicate voter ID card. Take this form from the nearest election commission office in your proximity and submit it after filling the form. Without this submission, you cannot get a duplicate voter ID card.
– Download Insurance Form: The second method which is adopted by most people these days is to download the form from the website and then submit it.
One may lose his ID card in traveling, theft cases or some people are just careless enough to lose their ID cards. This is not a very uncommon practice and many people face this problem at some point in their lives. But when you do so, make sure you apply for a duplicate one and also go for a few other steps in such cases for security purposes.
These steps are given below.
– Go to the nearest police station and make a FIR for the lost ID card and keep the copy of FIR safe and secure with you for further proceedings.
– Collect “Form 002”. This form is for insurance of duplicate of voter ID card.
– Carefully fill the insurance form and make sure to write correct information in every section.
– Then attach FIR copy with this insurance form in a file.
– Any other official government document can also be attached to this file e.g. passport, driving license etc. which proves your Indian identity.
Once you have made the file by compiling the required documents, then submit it to the nearest election commission office. You will be given a receipt with the number for tracking your record of a duplicate ID card. This can be used later to find the delivery status of your ID card. You can also check the status of your duplicate ID card online.
Download Application Form from the Website
With the websites, everything has become quite simple, easy and quick. So you can also have the insurance form from the website and download it. All you need to do is to go to the official website of the election commission, search for the “form 002” and download it. Then fill this form carefully and attach the following documents to it.
– A FIR.
– Identification proof documents like a passport.
After that, submit these to local election registration office. Be careful while submitting the form to the office because in case you fail to submit it to the office, you would not be able to get a duplicate voter ID card.