In order to minimize the fraud during elections, the government of India has started a project to link voter ID card with Aadhar card. In this article, we will guide you four possible methods to link your Aadhar and voter ID cards.
As Aadhar card consists of biometric data so it is more secure and a person can have one Aadhar card only and one voter ID linked to it.
EPIC Aadhar Seeding
EPIC Aadhar seeding is the name of the project which links Aadhar card to voter ID card. You can easily link your EPIC number with Aadhar card without going into any trouble. All you need to have is your unique EPIC number, Aadhar card number, and a mobile phone.
Here EPIC is another name for voter ID and it stands for Electors Photo Identity Card.
The methods for EPIC Aadhar seeding are given below.
Method I – Online Method by NVSP Portal
An online method for linking Aadhar card to voter ID card is quite easy. Just follow the steps given below.
- Go to the official website of National Voters’ Services Protocol. This website is;
- Click “Search Your Name” box.
- After that, a new page appears which asks for your details. Fill in those boxes. These details include the following;
– Your Name
– Your Father’s Name
– Your Date of Birth
– Your Country
– Your Gender
– Your State
- Once you have filled your personal information, click “Search”.
- Then you will get a result on the same page. Click “Feed Aadhar Number”.
- Then a new window will be open, asking the details about your Aadhar card. Fill them. These details include;
– Your EPIC number
– Your Aadhar card number
– Your mobile number
– Your email address
- After entering these details, click “Submit”.
- Then you will receive a notification message of receiving your request of linking Aadhar card with the voter ID card.
- You will then receive an SMS on the provided mobile number.
Method II – Online Method by EPIC Aadhar Seeding Portal
Each state of India has different portals for linking Aadhar card with the voter ID card. This method is pretty much simple and one of its plus points is that you just need a mobile phone. Follow the procedure given below to go for this method.
- Go to the website http://220.127.116.11/epic/SelfSeeding.jsp
- You will see a window of EPIC-Aadhaar Seeding Portal on this website. Fill in the required fields of EPID (Voter) ID, UID (Aadhar) number and your mobile number.
- After that, click “Generate OTP” at the bottom.
- You will receive an OTP number on your mobile phone.
Method III – Seeding by SMS
This is the simplest of all methods of linking voter ID card to Aadhar card. You just have to send an SMS to the number given below.
Type “ECILINK <EPIC Number> <Aadhar Number>” and send it to 166 or 51969.
Remember to put spaces between each word in the SMS.
Through this method, certain charges might apply while sending SMS.
Method IV – link your Aadhar and Voter ID by Call Center
Yet another simple method is to directly call the call center number 1950 and tell about your request for EPIC-Aadhar seeding. You will be asked your EPIC and UID numbers. After that, you will be notified when the process is completed by the authorities.