Check your Voter ID Card Status easily! If you are worried about the delivery of your voter ID card, you can now check the status easily. In this guide, we will brief you about the procedure to check your status online via EPIC number.
You might want to check the status of your ID card for a number of reasons. Some of them may be;
- It’s getting too long to receive your Voter ID card.
- You need your card earlier.
- You want to know how much time is left to reach ID card to your house.
- You want to confirm that the details provided are approved or not.
For these or any other reason, tracking the status of voter ID card has become very easy with the introduction of the online process. Be with us here to know how you can do that.
Delivery Time for Voter ID Card
Before worrying about your voter ID card, you should know how much time it takes to reach your house after applying. If it is taking longer than that duration, then go for checking the status and make requests accordingly.
It takes some time after the application of voter ID to confirm the details and then getting approved by the government officials. Once the details are checked and approved, then your ID card will get into the generation process. After that whole process, you will be issued this card. It might take a month or more than a month so be patient.
However, if you still want to track down your Voter ID card status, we are here to help you. One of the requirements to check the status of your ID card is to have an EPIC number.
What’s EPIC number?
EPID number is the Electoral Photo ID which is a unique ID for each individual and is given when applying for voter ID card. Through this EPIC number, you can get all the information regarding your voter ID card easily. The officials will get the details of your ID card through checking the record by entering this EPIC number. This is needed for many cases like linking Aadhar card with Voter ID card or any other case related to voter ID card.
So always keep this EPIC number safe with you as you might need it later.
Procedure to track Voter ID card status
- Firstly, you need to go to the official website of Election Commission for your state. The link is as follows.
- Once you have gone to the website, you will be asked to enter your EPIC number and a captcha.
- Select your state from the list given there and enter the EPIC number.
- Then enter the captcha and click “search” at the end.
- Then you can check the status of your voter ID card and will come to know if it is dispatched or still in the process of making.
Through this easy process, you will be relaxed and not worry about your ID card being late. If you see any query, then feel free to contact the electoral office near your area.