PAN Card correction guide! In case you have to make certain corrections in your PAN card address details, have a look at this article to know how you can do that.
You can change your PAN card address by offline and online methods. The online process is pretty simple and quick. You don’t have to spend a lot of time waiting for a turn at the office and you can fill up the form and submit your request through web portal within no time. In this article, we will guide you through both of these processes in detail.
Reasons for Correction in Address
There can be a number of reasons for changing your address in PAN card. Some of them are given below.
- You have shifted to a new house.
- Transferred to some other city/place.
- Error/mistakes in an address on PAN card.
If you have any of the above issues, then you can request a change in your PAN card address. For this, you must have applied for a PAN card before and received a PAN number.
Method I – Online PAN Card correction – to Change Address in PAN Card
For the ease of people, there’s an online procedure to request a change in your PAN card address. In this process, you need to fill up the NSDL form online, make payments and submit it along with the required documents.
Follow the steps given below to make an online request for change.
- First of all, you need to go to the official NSDL website. The link to this website is given below.
You will see the whole guide for requesting a change in your PAN card details on this website. Read out the given instructions carefully before going to fill the application form.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click “Category of the Applicant”.
- Click the drop-down arrow to select and opt for your category. i.e. your status as an individual or a firm. Then click “select” in front of it.
- After that, you will see a form of PAN Change Request. Mention all the details that are mandatory (*) as your form will not be processed without them.
- Enter your existing PAN number in the field of “Permanent Account Number”.
- Type all other personal details that are asked in the form carefully which include name, gender, address etc.
- You will see an option of “Paperless PAN Application for Address Change”. If you select Paperless PAN, then you have to upload a few attachments with the form. These include the following.- Photo
- Once you’ve filled the details in the form, click “submit”.
- After that, you have to pay Rs.107 to further proceed with the address change request. You can submit this fee through any method that is convenient to you. For any of the mode of payment you select, make a demand draft/cheque in the favour of “NSDL – PAN Mumbai”.
If you opted for Paperless PAN, then your application process is completed and you will receive your acknowledgement number on your email address.
For Application other than Paperless PAN
If you did not opt for Paperless PAN, then follow the procedure given below.
- After submitting the application form by the above-mentioned method, you will have a PDF copy of your application form and acknowledgement number. Get a print-out of both these.
- Then paste 2 recent photographs (3.5cm x 3.5cm with white background) to this form.
- Remember to sign in the given box.
- Then put this form in an envelope along with the demand draft and other supporting documents for your address (photocopies).
Write acknowledgement number on the back of the cheque.
- Then write “Application for PAN Change Request – Acknowledgement Number” on the envelope.
- Then send this envelope to the nearest NSDL Office.Helpline for NSDL number: 020 27218080
Method II – Offline Process to Change Address in PAN Card
Offline process is pretty much similar to the online process with Paperless PAN. Have a look at the steps to go for the offline method.
- For the offline process, download the form from the website given above and fill in the details.
- Then attach your photographs (3.5cm x 2.5cm white background) to the form.
- Attach the demand draft and supporting documents for your address to this form.
- Enclose all these documents and form in the envelope and send to the nearest PAN centre to your locality.
Note: for both online and offline methods, you can search for the PAN centre from the link given below.