Update your Aadhaar Card guide! If you have received the aadhar card and now you want to edit it for some reason like your phone number is changed, and you are searching everywhere to do this, then this is the place you are looking for.
Here, in this article, we will provide you an online method to update your aadhar card, by adding/changing the phone number.
Please read the whole article in detail and understand it properly to avoid any inconvenience.
Method to Change/Update Aadhar Card Phone Number Online
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the website of UIDAI which is given below;
https://uidai.gov.in/ . Here you will see an option to update your aadhar card and all the related information.
- Once you have opened the website, fill the asked fields of “Aadhar Card Number” and “captcha” i.e. the letters in the given box.
- After entering this required info in the fields, click “Send OTP” in the end.
- After that, OTP will be sent to your mobile number that you had provided earlier which is registered with your aadhar card. However, if you had not provided the mobile number before, then you need to follow the procedure given below;You will be directly asked to enter your mobile phone number if you don’t have provided it earlier. Enter the phone number which is currently in use. Then enter the captcha and hit “Send OTP”.
- Once you have hit OTP, you will receive a 6-digit code on your phone whose validity will be 15 minutes. So you need to hurry up for the process and do not delay it. Check this message from OTP on your phone and enter the number received on the website screen. You will see the following things asked on the website screen then;- six-digit code received on the phone
– aadhar card number
– mobile number
- After that, you will be logged-in to the page you needed i.e. the page to update your aadhar card. Here you will see all the fields which can be changed. Click on the field you need to change e.g. if it is the phone number you needed to change then, click on the box in front of the “mobile/phone number” field and enter the new number in it. Then click “submit” at the end.
- The screen will be displayed which asks to “submit update request”, click on this.
- On the next screen, confirmation will be required for the update. So verify the number and click on “confirm”. Click on “proceed” if there’s no ambiguity or click “modify” in case you want to make any changes.